Volume 2, Number 5
November 7, 2018
I was out at Woodchuck weekend with a bunch of rockstar volunteers, and we got stuff mowed, trimmed, organized, and generally “chucked.” Wait ’til you see the mind-blowing art that got built this past weekend! I’m super-excited!
The star of this issue is the Survival Guide. We’ve updated last year’s guide, and it provides answers to most questions. The rest of the questions? Email me, I guess. email@example.com
I have to go pack my first-aid kit now. Don’t forget yours!
How ’bout that?
P.S. Speaking of reference, Tabula Rasa is pronounced TAB-yoo-la RAZ-a. Check out this fascinating source for pronunciation samples: https://youglish.com/search/tabula+rasa
In this issue:
- The Survival Guide to AfterBurn: Tabula Rasa
- The Art Attack
- Who’s going to be there: Theme camp listing
Survival Guide to AfterBurn: Tabula Rasa
The Survival Guide provides an overview of everything you need to survive at the event. Download your copy of the PDF and read it over: SURVIVAL GUIDE 2018
From Buttercup and Kevin Bean
The Art Department has a new name: Art Attack!! What ya think?
Here are opportunities to pARTicipate with Art Attack at AfterBurn: Tabula Rasa:
- The Hipocampus needs 2 volunteers each shift 10am-2 pm and 2-6 pm to help instruct participants on how to help put the finishing touches on the sculpture by wrapping it in muslin soaked in colored paraffin wax! Training will be provided at the beginning of each shift by the artist James Olsen and the Art Attack!
- Thursday art placement with the Art Attack team 2pm-4pm and 4pm-6pm. Need 2 volunteers per shift.
- Art placement moop sweep has 4 shifts early Monday, from 9-11 am.
- The Art Attacks Artist Apreciation Artist Meet Up @ The Hipocampus at 3-5 pm Sunday night! Bring snacks and beverages to share!
Who’s going to be there: Theme camp listing
Want to know who’s going to fill up the blank slate at AfterBurn? We have two pages of registered theme camps on the website! There are some great new offerings, and some friendly and familiar faces. Check it out!
THE SKY IS FALLING! (I.E., TIMELY ANNOUNCEMENTS & CRITICAL LINKS)
Here’s the form to submit your events. On Thursday, we’ll send out a comprehensive listing that you can print or save to your phone: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDo5BK1Nyw2nGzT1sZGgFeDZtcLAta3uPsy0ysaYQ8aISpFw/viewform?c=0&w=1
If you want to add an event once you arrive, come to the Indaba and post it on the What-When-Where Kiosk. We’ll help you get the word out.
GOT YOUR TICKET?
Here’s the link to tickets for AfterBurn: Tabula Rasa
Bob is an exuberant pARTicipant who would rather make art than sit at the computer…but who sits at the computer and writes this stuff for you. You can email Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, or submissions to this announcement list.