To enable and encourage the creation of interactive art to be displayed at events sponsored by Burnt Oranges. To ensure the future of interactive art in the Florida region by funding living art projects that are suitable for display at Burnt Oranges events as well as other events. BOI utilizes community donations, revenues from event ticket sales, and fundraisers to provide grant funding for artists.
WHAT BUDGET LINE ITEMS ARE FUNDED? WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT?
EVENT ART GRANT APPLICATION
MID-TERM REPORT FOR REMAINING FUNDING
ART GRANT AGREEMENT
AfterBurn 2019 Art Gallery Display Interest
Do you have art you’d like to display in a physical building? The 2019 Art Department would like to help! Please fill out the form below and they’ll get back to you with additional details. Questions? Email email@example.com
ART TRANSPORT GRANTS
To infuse the local community with projects from out of state that create a sense of awe and wonder to those who experience them. To raise awareness of interactive art by helping artists transport pieces of large-scale art to Florida venues and events.
ART TRANSPORT GRANT APPLICATION
ART GRANT AGREEMENT
Community Action Grants
Learn More about the 2017 Community Action Grants
- To create a positive impact in Florida communities by providing small amounts of money to cover hard costs of artistic and participatory projects that would not otherwise be funded. To involve the community in the decision-making process of funding these projects.
- Community micro-grants are intended to raise community involvement and volunteer engagement in projects that include interactive art components.
- The salon format offers individuals and groups the chance to present projects to the community, gain feedback, answer questions, and receive immediate funding at the end of each event.
Interactive Art Road Show (Launched Q1 2018)
- To raise awareness of Florida artists by helping them exhibit pieces of interactive art at venues and events both inside and outside of the state, including Burning Man, other regional events, public art festivals, and internationally. The mission of this project is to be able to answer the question of “Where is this piece from?” with “The Florida Burning Man Community.”
- This grant making category is intended to fund existing pieces of art, rather than new construction. The goal is to provide exposure for Florida artists, so funding could cover both the transportation of the art and the costs for the artist to accompany it and represent the community.
Arts Awareness and Education
- To educate and inspire artists in Florida to create art with a major “wow factor.”
- This category of grants covers workshops and classes that will raise the skill level of artists in the region. It includes the following:
- Costs to host teachers and makers who are willing to share their knowledge in Florida venues
- Scholarships and travel costs that will allow Florida artists to attend classes and workshops outside the state
For questions, and to “ask the art grant committee” join our Slack Channel here: